List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 16 2005 7:54pm
Subject:MySQL++ v2.0.0 FINAL RELEASE
View as plain text
It's finally here, v2.0.0 final.  Whew!

Not quite coincidentally, this is also the one-year anniversary of
MySQL++ under my maintainership, counting from the v1.7.10 release.
Looking back on it, I wonder if I shouldn't have called it v1.9.0, and
called 1.9.x the "alpha" stage for v2.0.  When I started maintaining
this library, I wanted to remove old cruft, knock off some of the sharp
corners, and polish what was left.  v2.0 is what I had in mind when I
started, and more.

I'm calling v2.0 the "Excess Hair Removal" release; MySQL++ is much less
hairy now.  :)

Now, the future.  You can see the v2.1 plan at the top of the Wishlist:

	http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/mysqlpp/trunk/Wishlist?rev=1032

It should be clear from the plan that we will now be concentrating more
on new features, and less on changes to the existing API.  This should
make for greater long-term stability.  This is reflected in the new
soname scheme on *ix systems, which implicitly forces us to not break
the ABI until v3.0.  I expect v3.0 to be rather far in the future, as we
have plenty of features planned that won't break the ABI.

Thanks to all of you for holding onto this wild ride so far.  There
should be more scenery, and fewer rocks in the road than in the past.
Thread
MySQL++ v2.0.0 FINAL RELEASEWarren Young16 Aug
  • Re: MySQL++ v2.0.0 FINAL RELEASEChris Frey16 Aug