List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 16 2005 6:47pm
Subject:Re: Fwd: FINAL v2.0 release candidate: v2.0.0rc2
View as plain text
Robin wrote:

> Is there any compelling reason to upgrade my currently functional 1.7.x to 2.0 ?

Read the ChangeLog, and make up your own mind:

	http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/mysqlpp/trunk/ChangeLog?rev=1030

I count 62 changes since v1.7.40.  Surely something in there will catch
your eye?  And if not, let us know what you _would_ like to see.

For me, the main reason to upgrade is that all future features and
noncritical bug fixes will be applied to the v2.0 line only.  Because
this version cleans up a lot of past baggage, upgrading will likely
requires changes to your program.  You might as well get them out of the
way now, unless you're so satisfied with 1.7 that you'll never upgrade.
Thread
Fwd: FINAL v2.0 release candidate: v2.0.0rc2Robin16 Aug
  • Re: Fwd: FINAL v2.0 release candidate: v2.0.0rc2Warren Young16 Aug