List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 15 2005 3:21pm
Subject:Re: bug in 64bit-Systems
View as plain text
Jürgen MF Gleiss wrote:

> diffrent use of the second template parameter in parsed_nums

Whenever sending a patch, please also send an explanation of why you
think it is necessary or helpful.

In this case, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a good explanation.
  The only reason I can see in the code why you'd want this is that
variable 'n' in Query::parse() (SQLQuery::parse() in v1.7) is a long
int, so it's not the same size as in the parsed_names instance on 64-bit
systems.  But I don't think you can seriously argue that this actually
_needs_ to be a 64-bit integer.  It's the position number of the query
parameter; if anything, it should be smaller, not larger!

I believe the proper fix is to change 'n' to a regular int.  You could
also argue for a short int, or even a char, but I think that's a silly
optimization.
Thread
bug in 64bit-SystemsJ├╝rgen MF Gleiss13 Aug
  • Re: bug in 64bit-SystemsWarren Young15 Aug