List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 10 2005 4:25am
Subject:Re: Linker error with fedora upgrade
View as plain text
aravindc wrote:

>     I have a problem compiling my code which worked fine till an upgrade from
> fedora core 1 to fedora core 4.

You're probably using binary RPMs not built for your specific system.
This is a problem with binaries.  Download a current FC4 binary RPM, or
build one yourself from source.

> g++ -g -o test.out test.cpp weblogs.cpp -O2 -lstdc++ -I/usr/include/mysql++
> -I/usr/include/mysql -L/usr/lib/mysql -L/usr/lib/libmysqlpp.a -lz

The "-L/usr/lib/libmysqlpp.a" can be "-lmysqlpp", you know.  And unless
your program is licensed under the GPL or LGPL, linking statically is
probably a violation of the license.

> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libmysqlclient.so.10, needed by
> /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.0.0/../../../libmysqlpp.so, may conflict with
> libmysqlclient.so.14

This tells you that libmysqlpp was built against a different version of
the MySQL C API library (libmysqlclient) than is installed on your
system.  As I said, you need to upgrade the binary RPM, even if you
don't actually upgrade the MySQL++ version.

>    i found a similar thing here in this thread (around 2 months ago):
> http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus/4493

No, that's unrelated.  Dale is working on an exotic 64-bit many-CPU SGI
monstrosity, as I recall.  Weird happenings are part and parcel of that
world.
Thread
Linker error with fedora upgradearavindc9 Aug
  • Re: Linker error with fedora upgradeWarren Young10 Aug