List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 1 2005 1:05pm
Subject:Re: mysqlpp 2.0beta
View as plain text
Chris Frey wrote:

> Well, it's possible.

The single biggest thing you did in this is find "PACKAGE_VERSION", and
set up the *.in files.  Everything flows from that, so despite the
weaknesses of this patch, it would have been worthwhile as-is.  Thanks
for that, and for going further.

> I haven't figured out an easy way to consolidate the
> 3 version formats into a single spot,

It's possible to generate the MYSQLPP_LIB_VERSION macro in
lib/mysql++.h.  I've checked in a change which does this, which also
lets you use the macro I wrote in a message earlier in this thread,
which lets you say:

#if MYSQLPP_LIB_VERSION >= MYSQLPP_VERSION(2, 0, 0)

Of the remaining two version numbers in configure.in, it's not possible
to generate one from the other without some nontrivial arithmetic.  If
you're curious, try playing around with the libtool version number; try
to generate libmysqlpp.so.1.9.0, for instance.  (I'm willing to spoil
you, but you might enjoy the puzzle, so I'll keep mum for the moment.)
Artithmetic can be done in Bourne shell, but...ech.

I'm glad you moved the libtool version number from lib/Makefile.am to
configure.in.  That isn't strictly necessary, but it does help me to see
more of the numbers in once place.
Thread
mysqlpp 2.0betaJ Robinson18 Jul
  • Re: mysqlpp 2.0betaWarren Young18 Jul