List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 22 2005 3:09am
Subject:Re: mysqlpp 2.0beta
View as plain text
Chris Frey wrote:
>>I've counted them up, and this will make _seven_ places that have
>>version numbers: ChangeLog, configure.in, mysql++.spec (2 places),
>>lib/Makefile.am, lib/Doxyfile, and now lib/mysql++.h.  Wanna bet that I
>>never forget to update one of these before a release?
>
> Would a script help with this?

Of those six files, only mysql++.h and _maybe_ the Doxyfile are amenable
to automatic generation.

> I should automate this for you, since I suggested it. :-)

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, Mr. Frey, is to find out
if the version string from configure.in is available as a variable that
autoconf can substitute into Doxygen.in and mysql++.h.in files.

Another way you could do it is to use the #define in config.h, which the
configure script generates.  But that means writing a C program (or a
really ugly script) to do the substitution.  Much better to leverage
autoconf if we can.

This email will self-destruct in 7 seconds.
Thread
mysqlpp 2.0betaJ Robinson18 Jul
  • Re: mysqlpp 2.0betaWarren Young18 Jul
  • Re: mysqlpp 2.0betaChris Frey21 Jul