List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 20 2005 10:12pm
Subject:Re: 'long long' not supported
View as plain text
Purcell, Dan Clifford (UMR-Student) wrote:
> /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h:111: ISO C++ does not support `long long'

The error is correct: "long long" is an extension to the langauge.  It's
no doubt arising because you're turning on the pedantic error flag,
which is being extra strict about the language it will support.

If you don't need this feature, you can #define NO_LONG_LONGS, but this
will only affect MySQL++, not the C API.  Also, there were problems with
this mode until very recently in the MySQL++ v2.0 development; I'm not
even sure if the fixes are in beta2.  You may have to use the repository
version.

Personally, I'd reconsider using -pedantic-errors for all compiles.
Turning such warning flags on from time to time can be helpful in
finding problems, but a lot of the "errors" compilers complain about in
this sort of mode are just plain silly.
Thread
'long long' not supportedDan Clifford \(UMR-Student\) Purcell20 Jul
  • Re: 'long long' not supportedWarren Young21 Jul
  • RE: 'long long' not supportedDan Clifford \(UMR-Student\) Purcell21 Jul
    • Re: 'long long' not supportedWarren Young22 Jul
  • RE: 'long long' not supportedDan Clifford \(UMR-Student\) Purcell22 Jul