List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tim Shor Date:July 18 2005 6:36pm
Subject:Unicode Characters
View as plain text
Hello everyone.

I got MySQL version 5.0.9 Beta, mysql++ 2.0 Beta and using VS.NET 2003 (Ver. 7.1), Windows
XP Pro

I am having issues with Unicode characters.

All the examples of mysql++ compiled and ran fine.

I even got the from the stock table:

Nürnberger Brats     92        1.5       8.79      2005-03-10

And they are shown just fine as well, but Russian and Chinese do not show up, they are
shown as "????????"

I used the utf8_to_win32_ansi function and I comented out the section where it converts
strings back.

However they do show up in MySQL Query Browser,

It was working in MySQL 5.0.3 Beta and in mysql++ 1.7.35 before, but I was not paying
attention where it stopped working prior to the very last versions of mysql++ and MySQL
5.0.9

Any idea where the bug could be? I couldn't find this issue on the bug list in MySQL.

Thank you for your help.

Tim Shor

timsho@stripped <mailto:timsho@stripped>

Thread
Unicode CharactersTim Shor18 Jul
  • Re: Unicode CharactersWarren Young18 Jul
RE: Unicode CharactersTim Shor18 Jul
  • Re: Unicode CharactersWarren Young18 Jul
RE: Unicode CharactersTim Shor21 Jul