List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 18 2005 5:57pm
Subject:Re: mysqlpp 2.0beta
View as plain text
J Robinson wrote:

> Is there a #define (or other methodology) I can use to
> detect the version of mysql++ installed

In v1.7.x, there were three places where I had to change numbers for
each release.  Due to the soname change in v2.0, there are now four
places.  I'm not eager to add yet another.  (And no, there's no
straightforward way to automate changing them all from a single location.)

> (The actual incompatibility I'm running into is that
> 1.7.xx supplies "Result operator [] int",  and 2.0
> supplies "Result.at()" (if memory serves).

This is changing (again, hopefully never again) in beta2, due out on
store shelves very soon.  As long as you never use row[0], you can
continue using numbers.  If you must index the first field, you can use
this godawful construct:

	row[(Row::size_type)0];

<hurk>...<spew>....

Personally, I'd encourage you to use SSQLS and give row indexing a miss
altogether.

> Maybe there should
> also be a list of API changes between 1.7.xx and 2.0.

If it was a snake, it'd have bit you:

	http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/doc/userman/html/breakages.html

This was mentioned in the release announcement, which you should also read:

	http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus/4591
Thread
mysqlpp 2.0betaJ Robinson18 Jul
  • Re: mysqlpp 2.0betaWarren Young18 Jul