List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ankur G35 Saxena Date:July 17 2005 2:21am
Subject:Connection always on and field names
View as plain text
Hi,
   I am using mysql++ very lightly..connect to a DB, run a
select/insert/update and use the result set. Now I have 2 things I
want to do...One I want to figure how to keep the connection always on
and be able to check if the connection has disconnected and if so,
then connect to the db again.

   Is it a big overhead to keep connecting every 1/2 a sec or so? If
it is then I would like to have this feature where I can probably set
a idle time out and be able to check of the connection is down.

   Also how do I get how many filed are returned by a select * from
query. I know how to get how many rows, but the col number and names,
how do I get that?

I have few other questions which I will send in a seperate email once
I am alittle clear as to what I want to do.

Thanks a ton

AS
Thread
static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definitionlinker errorsWolfram Arnold6 Jul
  • Re: static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definition linker errorsChris Frey6 Jul
    • Re: static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definitionlinker errorsWolfram Arnold6 Jul
    • Re: static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definitionlinker errorsWarren Young6 Jul
      • Re: static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definition linker errorsChris Frey6 Jul
        • Re: static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definitionlinker errorsWarren Young6 Jul
          • Re: static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definition linker errorsChris Frey7 Jul
            • Re: static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definitionlinker errorsWarren Young7 Jul
              • Re: static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definition linker errorsChris Frey8 Jul
                • Re: static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definitionlinker errorsWarren Young8 Jul
              • Unresolved External SymbolBrian Farmer14 Jul
                • Re: Unresolved External SymbolWarren Young14 Jul
                • Connection always on and field namesAnkur G35 Saxena17 Jul
                  • Re: Connection always on and field namesWarren Young18 Jul
  • Re: static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definitionlinker errorsWarren Young6 Jul