List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 8 2005 7:31am
Subject:Re: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result Sets
View as plain text
Jalon, Arnon wrote:

> Hi, I've created a patch for the ability to handle multi statement
> queries that return multiple result sets.

Thanks!  I'm going to apply it to v2.0, with some changes.  See attached
patch.

Some of the differences are style differences, but for a lot of it I
felt that the patch just didn't go far enough.

For instance, your example disabled exceptions, where it should have
paid attention to them as warnings that the internals of the library
were confused about what was going on.

Another example is your extension of connect_to_db() to add the
necessary connection flag, instead of adding a mysql_set_server_option()
wrapper to Connection to allow this flag to be set at any time.

> I'm attaching that, as well
> as multiquery.cpp, which is intended to go in the examples directory.

FYI, with a suitable diff statement, the example could have been part of
the patch.  Also, it would have been nice if you'd provided patches for
examples/Makefile.simple.

> I also modified the copy method of the ResUse class to make sure that a
> ResUse object gets properly purged if an un-initialized ResUse object-
> one with a null result_- gets assigned to it.

That's reasonable.

Can you explain why this change was needed, though:

-   fields_ = other.fields_;
+   fields_ = Fields(this);

?

Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon30 Jun
  • Re: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsWarren Young30 Jun
RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon30 Jun
  • Re: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsWarren Young1 Jul
RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon1 Jul
RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon8 Jul
  • Re: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsWarren Young8 Jul
RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon8 Jul
RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon11 Jul
  • Re: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsWarren Young11 Jul
RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon13 Jul
  • Re: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsWarren Young18 Jul
RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon18 Jul