List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 6 2005 5:37pm
Subject:Re: exception hierarchy
View as plain text
Chris Frey wrote:

> 	class BadFieldName : public mysqlpp::Exception,
> 		public std::runtime_error

You can avoid an inheritance diamond in that if Exception doesn't derive
from std::exception, which it does now.

> I just don't know if grouping mysql++ exceptions is really that useful
> in practice

True, but this offers two ways to group them: as runtime vs. logic
exceptions, and as MySQL++ exceptions vs. everything else.  I've already
argued in favor of the latter.  The question is whether the former is
also useful.
Thread
exception hierarchyChris Frey4 Jul
  • Re: exception hierarchyWarren Young5 Jul
    • Re: exception hierarchyChris Frey5 Jul
      • Re: exception hierarchyWarren Young6 Jul