List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:July 6 2005 10:39am
Subject:Re: static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definition linker errors
View as plain text
On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 01:15:33AM -0700, Wolfram Arnold wrote:
> Could the macro be split into two or take an extra flag to optionally
> not generate the definition for the globals?  I'd be glad to give this a
> shot, but I wanted to hear from the community if there is any reason
> other than lack of volunteers.  This has come up before; I found mailing
> list articles as far back as 2001 on this.

Personally, I'd say go for it.  Keeping all the logic in one macro / header
(i.e. custom-macros.h) is probably the most maintenance friendly, since the
macro needs to be expanded for the names anyway, and you don't want to
duplicate it anywhere.

Something like this might be useful:

// file: tables.h - define it
sql_create_5(stock, ..... );

// file: stock.cpp - the only file that has the static data
#define SSQLS_GENERATE_STATICS
#include "tables.h"

// file: client.cpp - simple user module
#include "tables.h"

Might take some creativity to do that, but I think it's possible.

- Chris

Thread
static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definitionlinker errorsWolfram Arnold6 Jul
  • Re: static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definition linker errorsChris Frey6 Jul
    • Re: static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definitionlinker errorsWolfram Arnold6 Jul
    • Re: static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definitionlinker errorsWarren Young6 Jul
      • Re: static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definition linker errorsChris Frey6 Jul
        • Re: static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definitionlinker errorsWarren Young6 Jul
          • Re: static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definition linker errorsChris Frey7 Jul
            • Re: static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definitionlinker errorsWarren Young7 Jul
              • Re: static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definition linker errorsChris Frey8 Jul
                • Re: static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definitionlinker errorsWarren Young8 Jul
              • Unresolved External SymbolBrian Farmer14 Jul
                • Re: Unresolved External SymbolWarren Young14 Jul
                • Connection always on and field namesAnkur G35 Saxena17 Jul
                  • Re: Connection always on and field namesWarren Young18 Jul
  • Re: static globals in SSQL macro expansion -> multiple definitionlinker errorsWarren Young6 Jul