List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Arnon Jalon Date:June 30 2005 11:17pm
Subject:RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result Sets
View as plain text
> It's not too much to ask for a hundred or so lines in return, is it?

No, it's not.  You're right.

> The locking mechanism is a legacy thing from before the
> change of maintainership.  It was never properly documented,
> so it isn't clear exactly what they had in mind when they
> created it.  Perhaps it was for thread-safety, but if so, I
> agree that it's quite insufficient for that as it stands now.
>
> When v2.0 is released, this will continue to be the case,
> except that the locking mechanism has been modified to allow
> future flexibility.  We plan to use that flexibility in a 2.x
> release to add optional mutexes in place of the current weak
> locks, which will address this sort of concern.

Ok.  So,  for now, I guess I can use the Query to iterate through the
result sets on a connection without maintaining some form of lock on the
connection throughout, without breaking some form of paradigm.

> If you want to tackle it, see the Wishlist in Subversion.
>   (Not the one in the latest release tarball...it's out of date now.

I'll take a look, but not sure if I'd be able to contribute anything for
v2.0

Thread
Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon30 Jun
  • Re: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsWarren Young30 Jun
RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon30 Jun
  • Re: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsWarren Young1 Jul
RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon1 Jul
RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon8 Jul
  • Re: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsWarren Young8 Jul
RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon8 Jul
RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon11 Jul
  • Re: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsWarren Young11 Jul
RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon13 Jul
  • Re: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsWarren Young18 Jul
RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon18 Jul