List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 30 2005 10:13pm
Subject:Re: C++ query to backup table from database
View as plain text
Arlis Rose wrote:

> First: what query could I pass that would create a backup of the database

Why reinvent the wheel?  The mysqldump command was created for this very
purpose.  Just execute it in the background.

> Second: (this one I think I know already but don't hurt to ask :) to then
> delete all entries from that database
> (I'd assume it would just be:
> querry.Format("DELETE * From receivedemail");

That could work, but it's probably much more efficient to drop and
re-create the database/table.

It doesn't seem that you're using MySQL++, by the way, which is the
purpose of this list.  For general MySQL usage questions, including use
of the C API, use the main MySQL mailing list.  For other APIs, I'm sure
they have their own mailing lists.
Thread
C++ query to backup table from databaseArlis Rose30 Jun
  • Re: C++ query to backup table from databaseWarren Young1 Jul