List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 30 2005 2:15am
Subject:Re: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result Sets
View as plain text
Jalon, Arnon wrote:
> was able to figure this out by hacking connection.h to make the MYSQL
> instance variable public, and then using it to iterate through the
> result sets using mysql_next_result and mysql_free_result c api calls in
> my code after processing the result set that I wanted, which seemed to
> cause the error to disappear.  I was wondering if there is any way to
> deal with multiple result sets in mysql++, or if there is any planned
> support for it down the road?

Sounds like you're more than halfway there already.  Why don't you clean
that up, and provide it as a diff against v2.0 brewing in Subversion?

	http://gna.org/projects/mysqlpp/

It's probably going to be most useful for your new functions to go
either in ResUse/Result or in Query.  I'd lean towards putting in in
Query, since it's natural to ask it for result sets, rather than
treating the one result set Query returns as a virtual set of results.
Connection's MYSQL member will not need to be promoted to the public
section in this situation.

But don't let me talk you into too many design details.  You're the man
on the ground... you know what the semantics should look like, not I.
Just do it cleanly, that's the main thing.
Thread
Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon30 Jun
  • Re: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsWarren Young30 Jun
RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon30 Jun
  • Re: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsWarren Young1 Jul
RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon1 Jul
RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon8 Jul
  • Re: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsWarren Young8 Jul
RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon8 Jul
RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon11 Jul
  • Re: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsWarren Young11 Jul
RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon13 Jul
  • Re: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsWarren Young18 Jul
RE: Stored Procedures & Multiple Result SetsArnon Jalon18 Jul