List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 29 2005 5:08pm
Subject:Re: R: field_num("pippo") = ????????
View as plain text
Paoletti Vincenzo wrote:

> the ref manual advices against uses it of "lookup_by_name" to cause its inefficiency
> .

lookup_by_name() is inefficient because it's built on field_num().

If efficiency is a concern, you shouldn't be looking up fields by name
at all.  You should be using hard-coded indices into a Row array, or
SSQLS instead.

I've sent this to the mailing list, because the discussion should have
been kept there, and it's good info for the archives.
Thread
Re: R: field_num("pippo") = ????????Warren Young29 Jun