List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:June 28 2005 1:19am
Subject:Re: ping() core dumping
View as plain text
On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 04:40:18PM -0500, Nash Kabbara wrote:
>    I tested this using the mysql c api and the same thing happened
> also. If I call mysql_ping on a MYSQL handle that hasn't been connected
> to the db, then the program core dumps.
>
>    At least now I know this isn't caused by mysql++.
>
>    I would assume that this should return a non-zero response as
> opposed to core dumping. Is my assumption correct? I can't seem to find
> any reference to this online.

No.  If a function requires a MYSQL handle, you must give it a valid one,
not something with random data. (which is what an uninitialized handle is)

- Chris

Thread
ping() core dumpingNash Kabbara16 Jun
  • Re: ping() core dumpingWarren Young16 Jun
    • Re: ping() core dumpingNash Kabbara27 Jun
      • Re: ping() core dumpingChris Frey28 Jun
        • Re: ping() core dumpingWarren Young28 Jun
          • Re: ping() core dumpingChris Frey28 Jun