List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:June 28 2005 1:12am
Subject:Wishlist comment - SSQLS naming
View as plain text
Hi,

Been kinda busy lately, and very slowly catching up.

While reading the svn diffs, I came across:

+       o Some field_list() functions use the do_nothing manipulator, while
+         others use the quote manipulator.  Standardize on one.  Probably
+         do_nothing will work in all cases, because field names that work
+         as SSQLS member variable names don't need quoting or escaping.
+         But, among the fancier SSQLS features is the ability to use
+         different C++ variable names than the SQL table uses for field
+         names.  Is it worth breaking that compatibility?

I can imagine a case where a MySQL table uses a C++ keyword as a field name,
which would require SSQLS to support different names.

- Chris

Thread
Wishlist comment - SSQLS namingChris Frey28 Jun
  • Re: Wishlist comment - SSQLS namingWarren Young28 Jun
    • Re: Wishlist comment - SSQLS namingWarren Young28 Jun
    • Re: Wishlist comment - SSQLS namingChris Frey28 Jun
      • Re: Wishlist comment - SSQLS namingWarren Young29 Jun