List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nash Kabbara Date:June 27 2005 9:40pm
Subject:Re: ping() core dumping
View as plain text
Hi Warren,

    The answer is yes to all these questions, but I noticed that ping()
makes the program core dump when it is called on a Connection object
that hasn't been connected yet (real_connect not yet called, in my case).

    I tested this using the mysql c api and the same thing happened
also. If I call mysql_ping on a MYSQL handle that hasn't been connected
to the db, then the program core dumps.

    At least now I know this isn't caused by mysql++.

    I would assume that this should return a non-zero response as
opposed to core dumping. Is my assumption correct? I can't seem to find
any reference to this online.

Thanks,

Nash

Warren Young wrote:

> Nash Kabbara wrote:
>

>>   My case is very similar to http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus/2779.
>

> Then I would suggest the same answer Sinisa gave: are you certain that
> MySQL++ is built against the same MySQL C library as you're linking
> your program against?
>
> Are you by chance using a binary release of MySQL++?
>
> Do the examples work?

Thread
ping() core dumpingNash Kabbara16 Jun
  • Re: ping() core dumpingWarren Young16 Jun
    • Re: ping() core dumpingNash Kabbara27 Jun
      • Re: ping() core dumpingChris Frey28 Jun
        • Re: ping() core dumpingWarren Young28 Jun
          • Re: ping() core dumpingChris Frey28 Jun