List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 20 2005 9:53am
Subject:Re: Exception flags not working as described in the manual (patch
attached)
View as plain text
Before I get to your comments, Byrial, I want to point out that I put
your patch aside, knowing that the issues you raise were better left to
v2.0.  In fact, due to the changes in v2.0, your patch no longer
applies.  Skimming through it, it seems that the new v2.0 architecture
solves all of these problems almost incidentally.

I hope you can test this new version, to see if all of your concerns
have been addressed.  I understand if you're not willing to try
alpha-stage code, however.

Byrial Jensen wrote:

>   * Connection::store() and Query::store() always returns Result objects
> with exceptions disabled.

Fixed in svn, will appear in v2.0.

>   * Connection::use() and Query::use() always returns ResUse objects
> with exceptions disabled.

Ditto.

>   * Query::exec(), Query::store(), Query::use() and Query::execute()
> does not use the exception flag of the Query object, but instead the
> exception flag of its Connection object.

Since the query interface is removed from Connection in v2.0, this
should be fixed as well.

> (And the Reference Manual seems
> to interchange true and false in the descriptions of parameter te for
> these functions).

Most of the 'te' parameters no longer exist in v2.0, so this should no
longer be a problem.
Thread
Exception flags not working as described in the manual (patch attached)Byrial Jensen29 May
  • Re: Exception flags not working as described in the manual (patchattached)Warren Young20 Jun