List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 14 2005 6:31pm
Subject:Re: Link errors with resetdb example program
View as plain text
Chris Frey wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 01:45:28PM -0600, Warren Young wrote:
>
> Maintaining our own set of overloaded operator<< and >> seems like a lot
> of work.

I agree, it's not practical to remove Query from the IOStreams class
hierarchy entirely.  That's why, in another post, I suggested inheriting
instead from basic_ostream or something farther up the hierarchy, which
is designed to be inherited from.  This would put Query completely in
charge of managing its own internal buffer, which would remove any
worries of some Standard C++ library doing odd things under the covers.
  We should not depend on unspecified behavior.
Thread
Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
  • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey8 Jun
    • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
      • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey8 Jun
        • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
        • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
          • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey9 Jun
  • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young9 Jun
    • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith9 Jun
    • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith10 Jun
      • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young10 Jun
        • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith10 Jun
          • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young10 Jun
            • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey12 Jun
              • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith13 Jun
              • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith13 Jun
              • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young13 Jun
                • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey14 Jun
                  • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young14 Jun