List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 13 2005 6:38pm
Subject:Re: Locking using INNODB
View as plain text
Ger Hayden wrote:

>   I have an application using InnoDB tables. I want row level locking. When
> I apply updates without any locking everything is as expected but when I
> select ...FOR UPDATE, the the subsequent update is ignored. Even a
> subsequent explicit commit has no impact.

I don't know much about row-level locking in MySQL, but I would think
that MySQL++ is almost completely uninvolved here.  It's all handled in
the SQL syntax, isn't it?  The only impact MySQL++ has on SQL syntax is
that it doesn't automate everything that it theoretically could, like
the transaction support mentioned in another recent thread.

Have you tried calling preview() on your built Query before you execute
it, and then copied and pasted that same query into the mysql client
program?
Thread
Locking using INNODBGer Hayden12 Jun
  • Re: Locking using INNODBChris Frey13 Jun
    • Re: Locking using INNODBWarren Young13 Jun
      • Re: Locking using INNODBChris Frey13 Jun
        • Re: Locking using INNODBWarren Young13 Jun
  • Re: Locking using INNODBWarren Young13 Jun
Re: Locking using INNODBGer Hayden13 Jun
RE: Locking using INNODBSteve Roberts14 Jun