List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:June 11 2005 7:01am
Subject:Re: v2.0 release plan
View as plain text
Thanks for putting the list in such an organized format.  Should make
a neat todo list when I have some spare hacking time.

Just as a public notice, my main points of interest in mysql++ are:

	- code correctness... this means correctness in the library
		and correctness in user applications.  The library
		should be tight, have no leaks of any resources, and
		make it easy for the programmer to do the right thing
		and hard to do the wrong thing.  I think mysql++ already
		does a pretty good job here, and I just want to help
		build on that

	- performance... recent posts to the list have exposed some possible
		areas where the library could be tuned.  I'm big on making
		use of small hardware, so performance is another key interest

	- database independence... yes, this dream is still alive. :-)  I like
		mysql++ SSQLS, which I haven't seen even imitated anywhere
		else, and if I put in the effort for the above areas,
		I'd like it to translate to the best database for the job,
		ideally with just a recompile at most.

		I don't think this is of much general interest, so I
		fully expect to do it on my own as I find the time.
		I'd be happy to do this work as a separate Subversion
		experimental branch, or as a completely separate project.
		Depends how welcome in general this is.

Just so people know where I stand :-)

- Chris