List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 10 2005 9:32pm
Subject:Re: Link errors with resetdb example program
View as plain text
Dale Smith wrote:
> As you suggested, I commented out everything in resetdb.cpp except for the
> connection object and tried to compile.

So, same result, yes?

Can you now try linking a basic "hello, world" type program against
libmysql++?  If you have to include something in the program to make
sure it uses the library, use something peripheral within the library,
like string2stream, or some of the primitive C type stuff in convert.h.
  You might find the #include graphs in the reference manual helpful
here: choose something that doesn't eventually depend on query.h, or
even row.h, connection.h, or coldata.h.

> 000000000008f990 t std::basic_iostream<char, std::char_traits<char>
>
>>::~basic_iostream [in-charge deleting]()

That seems to be the method the linker claims it cannot find...

> what is this supposed to show?

That the method in fact exists within the library.  It is possible that
whoever built your C++ standard library made it such that it doesn't
have specializations for iostreams on chars.  The iostream types are
templates, you know.

> I can't say for sure that the Query object is not implicated, as the above
> shows the library itself generates link errors.

I don't see that.  What are you referring to, exactly?

Would you be willing to check out MySQL++ v2.0 pre-releases from our
Subversion repository?  If the changes to Query will happen, it will
happen during the v2.0 development.  It is not yet certain that it will
happen, because all known problems presently have reasonable
workarounds.  So far, the best reason I have to change it is that Scott
Meyers said so.  Not the best reason...
Thread
Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
  • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey8 Jun
    • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
      • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey8 Jun
        • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
        • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
          • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey9 Jun
  • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young9 Jun
    • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith9 Jun
    • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith10 Jun
      • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young10 Jun
        • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith10 Jun
          • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young10 Jun
            • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey12 Jun
              • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith13 Jun
              • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith13 Jun
              • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young13 Jun
                • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey14 Jun
                  • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young14 Jun