List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 10 2005 8:10pm
Subject:Re: Link errors with resetdb example program
View as plain text
Dale Smith wrote:

> my installation. I'm running a 64-bit Itanium platform; has anyone
> successfully used mysql++ on that platform before?

The last system in that class I used was a Cray Y-MP, back before Linux
had even been invented.

> resetdb.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTCN7mysqlpp5QueryE0_Sd+0x18): undefined
> reference to `std::basic_iostream<char, std::char_traits<char>
>  >::~basic_iostream()'

Check this GCC mailing list thread out:

That link drops you into the middle of the thread, to a suggestion I'd
like you to try as well.

One other thing: can you hack resetdb.cpp to remove any uses of the
Query object?  Basically, I want it to just connect to the database, and
exit.  If that links, then this message may be relevant:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/gnu.g++.help/browse_thread/thread/6b1cc4e3a0b8f1d0

...though not helpful, because nobody replied to it.  Well, maybe
helpful: if the Query object is implicated, then this is yet more reason
to change it to not derive from std::stringstream.
Thread
Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
  • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey8 Jun
    • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
      • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey8 Jun
        • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
        • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
          • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey9 Jun
  • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young9 Jun
    • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith9 Jun
    • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith10 Jun
      • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young10 Jun
        • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith10 Jun
          • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young10 Jun
            • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey12 Jun
              • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith13 Jun
              • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith13 Jun
              • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young13 Jun
                • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey14 Jun
                  • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young14 Jun