List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dale Smith Date:June 8 2005 9:24pm
Subject:Re: Link errors with resetdb example program
View as plain text
Using the Intel compiler is a bit beyond what I know at this point. I
think I will have to change aclocal.m4 and some other files, so I can
re-generate the configure script. I don't have the knowledge necessary to
do this right now. Anyone know what it will take to do this? I did read up
on the GNU build tools, but wasn't able to spend the time necessary to
learn them beyond the basics.

Dale Smith, Ph.D.
dalesmith@stripped
DTCC Risk Management
Quantitative Group
212-855-7641

Chris Frey <cdfrey@stripped>
06/08/2005 04:44 PM

plusplus@stripped
cc

Subject
Re: Link errors with resetdb example program

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 04:31:45PM -0400, Dale Smith wrote:
> Thanks for the response.
>
> I can compile not only simple C++ programs, but other, more complicated
> ones. I have also successfully compiled and used other freeware
libraries
> in the past few weeks. That's why I was so surprised about this kind of
> problem.
>
> Without the special hack, I could not get MySQL++ to compile - the
library
> code compiled and linked but the examples wouldn't compile. I thought

Could you post the errors from the straight compile?  I'm assuming they
are the same, but maybe there will be a clue.  More info the better.

What compiler are you using?  Is it possible to upgrade, or install a
side compiler for testing?  I run gcc-4.0.0 in a separate user account
and home directory, since my system compiler is 3.3.4.  This lets me
play easily with different compiler versions... and it may help rule out
a compiler problem in your case.

If you're interested in my script setup for this, I'll be happy to post
them.

- Chris

Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
  • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey8 Jun
    • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
      • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey8 Jun
        • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
        • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
          • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey9 Jun
  • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young9 Jun
    • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith9 Jun
    • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith10 Jun
      • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young10 Jun
        • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith10 Jun
          • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young10 Jun
            • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey12 Jun
              • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith13 Jun
              • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith13 Jun
              • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young13 Jun
                • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey14 Jun
                  • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young14 Jun