List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:June 8 2005 8:44pm
Subject:Re: Link errors with resetdb example program
View as plain text
On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 04:31:45PM -0400, Dale Smith wrote:
> Thanks for the response.
>
> I can compile not only simple C++ programs, but other, more complicated
> ones. I have also successfully compiled and used other freeware libraries
> in the past few weeks. That's why I was so surprised about this kind of
> problem.
>
> Without the special hack, I could not get MySQL++ to compile - the library
> code compiled and linked but the examples wouldn't compile. I thought

Could you post the errors from the straight compile?  I'm assuming they
are the same, but maybe there will be a clue.  More info the better.

What compiler are you using?  Is it possible to upgrade, or install a
side compiler for testing?  I run gcc-4.0.0 in a separate user account
and home directory, since my system compiler is 3.3.4.  This lets me
play easily with different compiler versions... and it may help rule out
a compiler problem in your case.

If you're interested in my script setup for this, I'll be happy to post
them.

- Chris

Thread
Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
  • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey8 Jun
    • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
      • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey8 Jun
        • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
        • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
          • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey9 Jun
  • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young9 Jun
    • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith9 Jun
    • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith10 Jun
      • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young10 Jun
        • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith10 Jun
          • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young10 Jun
            • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey12 Jun
              • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith13 Jun
              • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith13 Jun
              • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young13 Jun
                • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey14 Jun
                  • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young14 Jun