List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dale Smith Date:June 8 2005 8:31pm
Subject:Re: Link errors with resetdb example program
View as plain text
Thanks for the response.

I can compile not only simple C++ programs, but other, more complicated
ones. I have also successfully compiled and used other freeware libraries
in the past few weeks. That's why I was so surprised about this kind of
problem.

Without the special hack, I could not get MySQL++ to compile - the library
code compiled and linked but the examples wouldn't compile. I thought
there was some sort of strange problem with them and decided to get the
library built. I guess this indicated a problem with the library code
itself, so I should have posted Monday.

I have version 1.7.40 of MySQL++, and version 4.1.10a of MySQL. uname -a
reports

        Linux xxxx 2.4.21-sgi305r1 #1 SMP Mon Mar 28 11:22:59 PST 2005
ia64 ia64 ia64 GNU/Linux

This is a 2.4 kernel with SMP back-ports from 2.6 that SGI created for
their Altix servers. The server itself has 32 Itanium 64 bit processors.

Dale Smith, Ph.D.
dalesmith@stripped
DTCC Risk Management
Quantitative Group
212-855-7641

Chris Frey <cdfrey@stripped>
06/08/2005 04:22 PM

plusplus@stripped
cc

Subject
Re: Link errors with resetdb example program

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 03:20:27PM -0400, Dale Smith wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I was able to compile MySQL++ just fine after hacking Makefile to remove

> compiling examples, but see below for the error I got. I have the
> following link problems when trying the examples:

Without the special hack, do you get the same errors when compiling
the examples normally?

Can you compile and run a simple C++ example like:

#include <iostream>
int main() { std::cout << "hello world" << std::endl; }

Just wondering if there is something more seriously wrong with your
system in general.

And what kind of system is it? :-)  Linux?  Version?  Version of mysql++?
Version of mysql?

- Chris

Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
  • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey8 Jun
    • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
      • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey8 Jun
        • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
        • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith8 Jun
          • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey9 Jun
  • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young9 Jun
    • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith9 Jun
    • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith10 Jun
      • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young10 Jun
        • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith10 Jun
          • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young10 Jun
            • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey12 Jun
              • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith13 Jun
              • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programDale Smith13 Jun
              • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young13 Jun
                • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programChris Frey14 Jun
                  • Re: Link errors with resetdb example programWarren Young14 Jun