List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 1 2005 1:27pm
Subject:Re: RELEASE: v1.7.40
View as plain text
Chris Frey wrote:

> The difference is that any stream based on SQLQuery will *always* have
> the quoting logic run on it.

Ah, thanks for reminding me of this.  I did see this while doing all the
new refman work, but didn't realize this was part of that feature.

> Personally, I'd ponder changing that in the future, so that any ostream-based
> overload gets no quoting logic at all.

I like this idea.  You can still use the manipulators with other streams
if you really want MySQL++ to do quoting and/or escaping.  This wouldn't
break the ABI, but it's a big enough change that it should go in 2.x.

> On the other hand, perhaps quoting should always be available in
> any stream, which would mean that the SQLQuery overload could go away
> entirely, as well as the special check in the std::ostream version.

Nah.  Think what that would do to the simple* examples alone.
Thread
RELEASE: v1.7.40Warren Young27 May
  • Re: RELEASE: v1.7.40Chris Frey28 May
    • Re: RELEASE: v1.7.40Warren Young1 Jun