List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 1 2005 11:31am
Subject:Re: how to compile library in mingw32
View as plain text
owen nirvana wrote:

> I try to  run msys.bat and enter ./configure --mysql=/d/software/mysql
>
> but the error is told
> "checking for mysql library directory ... configure : error : Didn't
> find the mysql library dir in ' ' "

There have been several reports of problems with MinGW, and no reports
of success.  Since nobody in the core development team uses MinGW, it's
up to people like you to figure out why, and provide a patch.  I'm not
sure whether it will be difficult or not.  It depends on how much MinGW
straddles the line between Unix and Win32.

It might be best to avoid autotools entirely, and simply write some
simple Makefiles.  The downside is that future changes to the library
will probably result in those changes not making it into the MinGW
Makefiles.  I'm certain that the VC++ and BC++ project files are
outdated in minor ways, for instance.

There's already a Wishlist item for Makefiles suitable for Microsoft's
free command line compilers.  If you could provide Makefiles that can be
used for both compilers, that would be a real bonus.  It would be more
likely for the Makefiles to be updated regularly if they're used for
more than one compiler.
Thread
how to compile library in mingw32owen nirvana30 May
  • may i use mysql++ in MFCowen nirvana30 May
    • Re: may i use mysql++ in MFCWarren Young1 Jun
  • Re: how to compile library in mingw32Warren Young1 Jun