List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:May 31 2005 10:44pm
Subject:Re: Problems with mysql++ and triggers with mysql 5.0.4
View as plain text
On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 04:27:07PM -0400, Bruce Keats wrote:
> We are using mysql++ 1.7.32 with mysql 5.0.4.
>
> We have setup triggers on a table to envoke an external function that sends
> a signal to a process when the table is modified.  If the table is UPDATEd
> using the mysql client (i.e. by hand) then the trigger is called.  If the
> table is UPDATEd using JDBC driver from JAVA then the trigger is called.
> If the same table is UPDATEd using C++ (G++) code envoked from mysql++ then
> the trigger is NOT called.

I'm not really familiar with the triggers feature and haven't looked at
that code, but one difference may be the mysql C API being used.
What libraries are being used by your application?  Are you using the RPM?
I think the RPM is linked to the 4.x mysql C libs.

One would hope that triggers would be implemented on the server, but the
C libs are worth a check.

- Chris

Thread
Problems with mysql++ and triggers with mysql 5.0.4Bruce Keats31 May
  • Re: Problems with mysql++ and triggers with mysql 5.0.4Chris Frey1 Jun