List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:May 29 2005 11:14pm
Subject:Re: Optimization of Row (patch attached)
View as plain text
On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 03:41:39PM -0400, Chris Frey wrote:
> > I have a program where this patch gives more than 20 % decrease of the
> > execution time (from 99 down to 77 seconds) when it runs on an otherwise
> > idle Linux box.
>
> This is pretty cool, but perhaps it would be better served with a new
> row object that is optimized for this.  This is up to Warren, but 20%
> is a nice chunk of CPU time.

Actually, after some thought, an iterator into a Result would be the most
logical way to access this, and would indicate it depends on the Result,
and could be fast.

I don't think this exists yet in mysql++.

- Chris

Thread
Optimization of Row (patch attached)Byrial Jensen29 May
  • Re: Optimization of Row (patch attached)Chris Frey29 May
    • Re: Optimization of Row (patch attached)Chris Frey30 May
      • Re: Optimization of Row (patch attached)Warren Young8 Jul
        • Re: Optimization of Row (patch attached)Warren Young8 Jul
    • Re: Optimization of Row (patch attached)Byrial Jensen30 May
      • Re: Optimization of Row (patch attached)Chris Frey31 May