List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:May 24 2005 7:42pm
Subject:Re: Can you have more than one active mysqlpp::Connection object?
View as plain text
Byrial Jensen wrote:

> So my question is: Do MySQL++ have a limitation so it only works with
> one actice Connection object at a time,

If it does, it's considered a bug.  Patches thoughtfully considered.

> And another question: Do you think that it would be more efficient to
> store inserts + updates in for example a local file, and not send these
> queries to the database until after the mysqlpp::ResUse object is deleted.

Probably not.  If anything, I'd make the second database local, and do
your final analysis there.  It sounds like both databases are remote, in
which case your bottleneck is the bandwidth of the link to the database.
  Unless you've got serious pipe, your disk bandwidth will be a lot higher.
Thread
Can you have more than one active mysqlpp::Connection object?Byrial Jensen24 May
  • Re: Can you have more than one active mysqlpp::Connection object?Earl Miles24 May
  • Re: Can you have more than one active mysqlpp::Connection object?Warren Young24 May
    • Re: Can you have more than one active mysqlpp::Connection object?Byrial Jensen25 May
      • Re: Can you have more than one active mysqlpp::Connection object?Earl Miles25 May
        • Re: Can you have more than one active mysqlpp::Connection object?Chris Frey25 May
          • Re: Can you have more than one active mysqlpp::Connection object?Chris Frey25 May
            • Re: Can you have more than one active mysqlpp::Connection object?Earl Miles25 May
          • Re: Can you have more than one active mysqlpp::Connection object?Byrial Jensen25 May
            • Re: Can you have more than one active mysqlpp::Connection object?Warren Young26 May
              • Re: Can you have more than one active mysqlpp::Connection object?Byrial Jensen26 May
                • Re: Can you have more than one active mysqlpp::Connection object?Warren Young26 May