List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nicholas Watmough Date:May 16 2005 2:17pm
Subject:Re: Bad handshake
View as plain text
I'm actually statically linking the library libmysql.lib with my
executable at compile time, rather than dynamically linking the dll. And
I'm linking with the version that comes packaged with server version
4.1.10. So I'm pretty sure that's not the problem.

Besides, as far as I'm aware, version 4.1.10 (which I installed), is the
only version of the server that has ever been installed on the computer,
so I don't think there would be any previous versions of the client
library floating around.

Nick

Tim Shor wrote:

>Make sure that the correct libMySQL.dll is being loaded,
>Every time you install something new that utilizes libMySQL.dll it is
>installing it in some Global path (like WINDOWS/System32 or other) and
>during the runtime it is loading it instead of the one that you are
>referencing in your project.
>
>I would recommend to search your PC for libMySQL.dll to find all the
>occurrences and verify that those are the right ones.
>Another thing could be done, is that you can place the latest
>libMySQL.dll in the directory where your application resides, so that
>WINDUHS load the one that is located in the same directory as your app.
>
>Regards,
>
>Timofey Shor
>Software Engineer
>PARLEC, Inc.
>Fairport, NY, 14450
>( (585) 425-4400, ext. 3087
>+ timsho@stripped

Thread
Bad handshakeTim Shor10 May
  • Re: Bad handshakeWarren Young10 May
    • Re: Bad handshakeNicholas Watmough13 May
RE: Bad handshakeTim Shor13 May
  • Re: Bad handshakeNicholas Watmough16 May