List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nicholas Watmough Date:May 13 2005 4:55am
Subject:Re: Bad handshake
View as plain text
I've had the same problem - I can connect when connecting as a user with
no password, but not as a user with a password.

However, this is not a problem with MySQL++, but rather with the
underlying C API.

Try connecting using mysql_real_connect(), and you should have the same
problem. I've posted to the general MySQL list, but haven't received
much of a response yet.

Warren Young wrote:

> Tim Shor wrote:
>

>> And for some reason getting version 4.1.0-alpha, while MySQL
>> Administrator gives me client version  5.0.0
>

> "Bad Handshake" indicates that the client is trying to speak the wrong
> protocol to the server.
>
> Is it possible that you have two versions of MySQL installed on your
> system, and are building against one but trying to connect to the
> other?   Or, that you are using a pre-built version of MySQL++ instead
> of building it against the libraries and headers on your system?

Thread
Bad handshakeTim Shor10 May
  • Re: Bad handshakeWarren Young10 May
    • Re: Bad handshakeNicholas Watmough13 May
RE: Bad handshakeTim Shor13 May
  • Re: Bad handshakeNicholas Watmough16 May