List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:May 4 2005 9:24pm
Subject:Re: Public Subversion repository choices
View as plain text
On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 02:29:13PM -0600, Warren Young wrote:
> - Savannah (http://savannah.nongnu.org/).  Main problem with this one is
> they're out at the tip of the RMS wing of the community; rhetoric,
> politics, inflexible viewpoint, the whole nine yards.  The main thing in
> their demand list (oops, sorry, terms of service) that's likely to cause
> a problem is that they insist that your program not depend on
> proprietary software.  From the RMS perspective, where does the
> dual-licensed MySQL lie?  I've applied to them anyway, and we'll see if
> we make it through their gatekeepers.

Have you looked at Gna.org?  I'm not sure how connected they are with
savannah... doesn't seem so, but they support CVS, Arch, and Subversion.

> SourceForge would have been ideal, except that they only support CVS,
> and I bade my final goodbyes to that a month ago now.  I'm not going
> back now.

Subversion support at sf is supposed to be Real Soon Now (tm).
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=2352&group_id=1
	(search for "subversion")

- Chris

Thread
Public Subversion repository choicesWarren Young4 May
  • Re: Public Subversion repository choicesChris Frey4 May
    • Re: Public Subversion repository choicesWarren Young5 May