List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:May 3 2005 10:46pm
Subject:Re: cygwin configure can't find mysql libs
View as plain text
Bernd Prager wrote:

> I can see only 2 alternatives: either transfering libmysql.lib into an
> .a library (creating a .def file with impdef and then an .a file with
> dlltool;

That should work.  I've read that Cygwin's ld can link against Microsoft
C libraries.

>  compiling a Unix source MySQL just for the sake of the libraries.

Yes.  You should be able to use a program linked to Cygwin-built MySQL
libraries with the native database server.

I imagine someone has built Cygwin MySQL binaries before, but I couldn't
find anything quickly.  The mail archive (http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/)
isn't responding at the moment.
Thread
cygwin configure can't find mysql libsBernd Prager30 Apr
  • Re: cygwin configure can't find mysql libsWarren Young30 Apr
    • Re: cygwin configure can't find mysql libsBernd Prager2 May
      • Re: cygwin configure can't find mysql libsWarren Young2 May
        • Re: cygwin configure can't find mysql libsBernd Prager3 May
          • Re: cygwin configure can't find mysql libsWarren Young4 May