List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bernd Prager Date:May 3 2005 4:01pm
Subject:Re: cygwin configure can't find mysql libs
View as plain text
Warren Young wrote:

> Bernd Prager wrote:
>
>> It apears that Windows MySQL 5.0 full installation
>

> Why didn't you say you were using Windows?  When you say you're using
> the configure script, I naturally assume a Unixy environment.  That
> includes Cygwin, where you'd use a Cygwin port of MySQL, rather than
> the official native Win32 binaries.
>
> The only reason to use configure on Windows along with the native
> binaries would possibly by MinGW, and I don't know enough about that
> to say whether that's a good idea or not.
>
> Anyway, what you're looking for is libmysql.lib.

Aehm, that's actually what I wanted. Windows MySQL binaries (because I
want MySQl running as a Windows service) and Cygwin programming
environment (more precisely Eclipse). I have seen it before somewhere on
the web without MinGW, but I can't find the link anymore.
I can see only 2 alternatives: either transfering libmysql.lib into an
.a library (creating a .def file with impdef and then an .a file with
dlltool; but I don't really know if the mysql++ build script works with
that), or compiling a Unix source MySQL just for the sake of the libraries.
Is that true?
Thread
cygwin configure can't find mysql libsBernd Prager30 Apr
  • Re: cygwin configure can't find mysql libsWarren Young30 Apr
    • Re: cygwin configure can't find mysql libsBernd Prager2 May
      • Re: cygwin configure can't find mysql libsWarren Young2 May
        • Re: cygwin configure can't find mysql libsBernd Prager3 May
          • Re: cygwin configure can't find mysql libsWarren Young4 May