List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:May 2 2005 3:59pm
Subject:Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear time
View as plain text
Erwin wrote:

> as this is a random-access iterator, it apparently slows down for each
> row used (funnily enough, without increasing memory use, and O(n^2),
> instead of O(n) which I would expect).

I suspect that what's happening is that the memory management overhead
is getting to you.  "store" queries are just not designed to cope with
large amounts of data.
Thread
Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeErwin28 Apr
  • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeChris Frey29 Apr
  • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeWarren Young29 Apr
    • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeEarl Miles29 Apr
    • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeErwin30 Apr
      • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeWarren Young30 Apr
        • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeErwin30 Apr
          • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeWarren Young2 May