List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:April 30 2005 3:23pm
Subject:Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear time
View as plain text
Erwin wrote:

> I used the Result because it has
> the nice iterator, which ResUse does not have.

I'm not sure what you're saying.  Did you do this:

	Result r = q.use(...)

?  If so, that't not legitimate.  You can't force a 'use' query result
to be random-access.

 > So, I'm writing one in stead,

"One" what?  Do you mean you're adding an iterator to ResUse?  If so, be
sure it works like an STL input or forward iterator.  I'm not sure
exactly what the semantics should be, but random-access is certainly out
of the question.  Be sure it doesn't conflict with Result's iterator,
too, since it subclasses from ResUse.

>>I'm working on the documentation now, and will add a section to make
>>this clearer.

Here's a direct link:

http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/doc/userman/html/ar01s03.html#id2805203
Thread
Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeErwin28 Apr
  • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeChris Frey29 Apr
  • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeWarren Young29 Apr
    • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeEarl Miles29 Apr
    • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeErwin30 Apr
      • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeWarren Young30 Apr
        • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeErwin30 Apr
          • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeWarren Young2 May