List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Earl Miles Date:April 29 2005 1:35am
Subject:Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear time
View as plain text
Warren Young wrote:
> Erwin wrote:
>
>> I think the problem may be caused by the const_subscript_container as a
>> base for Result,
>

> Chris nailed it: you should be using Query::use(), and therefore ResUse
> instead.  Instead of trying to store all the records in memory, a "use"
> query grabs the records from the server one at a time, and you process
> them linearly.  It's like the difference between a random access
> iterator into a vector and an input iterator into an I/O stream.
>
> I'm working on the documentation now, and will add a section to make
> this clearer.
>
> P.S. Documentation team, yer Fired!  ...until I finish hacking on the
> docs anyway.  Don't want to have duplicate effort...

Ok by me. I haven't had a lick of time to start on it, and it isn't looking good
soon.
Thread
Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeErwin28 Apr
  • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeChris Frey29 Apr
  • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeWarren Young29 Apr
    • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeEarl Miles29 Apr
    • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeErwin30 Apr
      • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeWarren Young30 Apr
        • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeErwin30 Apr
          • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeWarren Young2 May