List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:April 29 2005 12:49am
Subject:Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear time
View as plain text
Erwin wrote:

> I think the problem may be caused by the const_subscript_container as a
> base for Result,

Chris nailed it: you should be using Query::use(), and therefore ResUse
instead.  Instead of trying to store all the records in memory, a "use"
query grabs the records from the server one at a time, and you process
them linearly.  It's like the difference between a random access
iterator into a vector and an input iterator into an I/O stream.

I'm working on the documentation now, and will add a section to make
this clearer.

P.S. Documentation team, yer Fired!  ...until I finish hacking on the
docs anyway.  Don't want to have duplicate effort...
Thread
Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeErwin28 Apr
  • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeChris Frey29 Apr
  • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeWarren Young29 Apr
    • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeEarl Miles29 Apr
    • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeErwin30 Apr
      • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeWarren Young30 Apr
        • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeErwin30 Apr
          • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeWarren Young2 May