List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:April 28 2005 10:04pm
Subject:Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear time
View as plain text
On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 11:01:20PM +0200, Erwin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been using mysql++ for some time, and I've run into a very annoying
> performance issue. This email contains an example demonstrating the
> problems (and Makefile for build and python script to create the db).

[snip]

> I hope any of you can help me,

This sounds like fun to track down, but unfortunately I'm kinda busy this
week with paying work. :-)  Hopefully soon.

Until then, have you tried store()/use() differences?  Do they both have
the same performance?  I suspect that with a huge data set, you'd be
using use(), but would be interesting to see if there is any difference.

- Chris

Thread
Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeErwin28 Apr
  • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeChris Frey29 Apr
  • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeWarren Young29 Apr
    • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeEarl Miles29 Apr
    • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeErwin30 Apr
      • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeWarren Young30 Apr
        • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeErwin30 Apr
          • Re: Fetching the result from the database takes linear timeWarren Young2 May