List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Erwin Date:April 28 2005 9:01pm
Subject:Fetching the result from the database takes linear time
View as plain text
Hello,

I've been using mysql++ for some time, and I've run into a very annoying
performance issue. This email contains an example demonstrating the
problems (and Makefile for build and python script to create the db).

Fetching the records from a query takes more time per record for each
record retrieved. I've stumbled across this when iterating a resultset
containing 500k+ records. The first ones take somewhere around 40 us per
record, but that time increases linearly with the number of records
retrieved to 2371 us after record 49000. (This behaviour is observed on
multiple machines).

I think the problem may be caused by the const_subscript_container as a
base for Result, but I have no idea how to go about solving this.

I hope any of you can help me,
Thanks
Erwin

--