List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:April 27 2005 7:57am
Subject:Re: Linking issues using create macro in header
View as plain text
Warren Young wrote:

> I've added an ifdef guard around those definitions

Alas, this isn't going to work.  These definitions are within a macro,
which is effectively on a single C++ line; you can't go putting an ifdef
in the middle of a line.

The only ways I can think of to get around this will break the API, and
possibly also the ABI.  So, I'm going to have to defer this fix to a
major release.  In the meantime, simply #include the header containing
the SSQLS definition in only one place.  I realize this restricts how
you can use MySQL++...but realize that all of us who are using SSQLS now
must be doing this already, and it doesn't seem to bother us any!  :)

Thread
Linking issues using create macro in headerMERE263926 Apr
  • Re: Linking issues using create macro in headerWarren Young27 Apr
    • Re: Linking issues using create macro in headerWarren Young27 Apr