List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:chandra shekar Date:April 25 2005 6:16pm
Subject:Re: Not able to connect to Mysql now
View as plain text
Yessssssss!!!
   Its working. I used -lpthread along with the below
option. Its working greate. I could compile
simple1.cpp and util.cpp together and performed the
transaction.
      Thanx a lot to Warren Young and Cris Frey  for
helping me out. I learnt a lot. ( espcially about
Makefile ..thanx Warren)

cheers :o)
shekar

--- Chris Frey <cdfrey@stripped> wrote:

> If you look at the error messages, it says it is
> trying to link 'main',
> and that it is looking for thread specific functions
> that 'libmysqlpp.so'
> is relying on.
>
> This means:
> 	- it is trying to create the final binary of your
> program.
> 		This is impossible since you are only compiling
> util.cpp,
> 		which has no main() in it.  What you are probably
> trying to
> 		do is just compile util.cpp to util.o (object
> file) so you
> 		can then later link a bunch of .o files together
> into your
> 		final program.  Look at the gcc man page to find
> the proper
> 		command line switch to compile only, and not link
> yet.
>
> 		Take a look inside util.cpp, and note there is no
> main().
>
> 	- it is trying to find thread stuff, so that means
> you have compiled
> 		mysql++ with thread support turned on.  If this is
> not what
> 		you expected, recompile and reinstall mysql++ with
> the proper
> 		options to the configure script.
>
> 		If it is what you expect, then you need to add the
> appropriate
> 		thread library of your system as another -l option
> in the list.
> 		You currently have -lmysqlpp and -lmysqlclient,
> you'll need
> 		one for threading.
>
> - Chris
>

> On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 11:18:08AM -0700, chandra
> shekar wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I tried using the -L switch but it is giving error
> as
> > shown below.
> >
> >  g++ -I/usr/local/include
> -I/usr/local/mysql/include
> > -L/usr/local/lib -o util util.cpp -lmysqlpp
> > -lmysqlclient
> >

> > ERRORS:

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/../../../crt1.o(.text+0x18):
> > In function `_start':
> > ../sysdeps/i386/elf/start.S:77: undefined
> reference to
> > `main'
> > /usr/local/lib/libmysqlpp.so: undefined reference
> > `pthread_getspecific'
> > /usr/local/lib/libmysqlpp.so: undefined reference
> > `pthread_key_delete'
> > /usr/local/lib/libmysqlpp.so: undefined reference
> > `pthread_mutexattr_destroy'
> > /usr/local/lib/libmysqlpp.so: undefined reference
> > `pthread_mutexattr_setkind_np'
> > /usr/local/lib/libmysqlpp.so: undefined reference
> > `pthread_key_create'
> > /usr/local/lib/libmysqlpp.so: undefined reference
> > `pthread_mutexattr_init'
> > /usr/local/lib/libmysqlpp.so: undefined reference
> > `pthread_setspecific'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> >
> > I also used the option -L/usr/local/mysql/lib but
> for
> > the same error.
> >
> > I have set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/lib in
> > .bash_profile.
> > I have updated /etc/ld.so.conf with above paths
> and
> > ran ldconfig.
> >
> > The .o files under /examples are working fine, but
> > am not able to compile seperatly.
> > I reconfigured mysql++ and repeated above steps
> but
> > for no use.
> >
> > Please help..!!!
> >
> > Thanx
> > shekar.
> >

> > --- Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote:

> > > That's the MySQL C API library.  It is either
> not
> > > installed in a
> > > directory that ld can find on its own, or it is
> not
> > > installed at all.
> > > If the former, use the -L compiler switch to
> tell it
> > > where the library
> > > is at.
> > >
> > > --

http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus?unsub=1

http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus?unsub=1

http://mail.yahoo.com
Thread
Re: Not able to install the rpm - not able to connect to Mysql nowchandra shekar18 Apr
  • Re: Not able to install the rpm - not able to connect to Mysql nowWarren Young18 Apr
    • Re: Not able to connect to Mysql nowchandra shekar21 Apr
      • Re: Not able to connect to Mysql nowWarren Young21 Apr
        • Re: Not able to connect to Mysql nowchandra shekar23 Apr
          • Re: Not able to connect to Mysql nowChris Frey23 Apr
            • Re: Not able to connect to Mysql nowWarren Young25 Apr
            • Re: Not able to connect to Mysql nowchandra shekar25 Apr