List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:chandra shekar Date:April 21 2005 7:27pm
Subject:Re: Not able to connect to Mysql now
View as plain text
Hi,
    I went through Makefile.simple and learnt to
compile a c++ program. I could succeed in overcoming
all mysql.h mysql++.h related errors, but now I am
getting another error for "-lmysqlpp" and
"-lmysqlclient" switches.

I thought of compiling util.cpp so that I could use it
with other examples. Here is the command I used:

 $g++ -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/mysql/include
-o util util.cpp -lmysqlpp -lmysqlclient
ERROR:
usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I got the same error while compiling simple1.cpp. (
Here I linked util.o which was already available in
example directory) in the example directory.

Please Help Me.

Thanx
shekar
--- Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote:

> chandra shekar wrote:
>
> > You have asked me to look in to Makefile.simple to
> > know how to build c++ programs.I could not
> understand
> > much from it.
>
> If you refuse to learn Makefile syntax, you will not
> go very far as a
> programmer.
>

> I learned the basics of using make(1) using free
> documentation, before
> the web as we know it even existed.  The resources
> freely available to
> you today are vastly greater than what I had access
> to when I started.
> You have no excuse.  Learn make.
>
> > Where can I get
> > sample c++ codes which uses Mysql++.
>
> You mean besides the twelve example programs that
> came with MySQL++?

http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus?unsub=1

http://mail.yahoo.com
Thread
Re: Not able to install the rpm - not able to connect to Mysql nowchandra shekar18 Apr
  • Re: Not able to install the rpm - not able to connect to Mysql nowWarren Young18 Apr
    • Re: Not able to connect to Mysql nowchandra shekar21 Apr
      • Re: Not able to connect to Mysql nowWarren Young21 Apr
        • Re: Not able to connect to Mysql nowchandra shekar23 Apr
          • Re: Not able to connect to Mysql nowChris Frey23 Apr
            • Re: Not able to connect to Mysql nowWarren Young25 Apr
            • Re: Not able to connect to Mysql nowchandra shekar25 Apr