List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zahroof Mohamed Date:April 21 2005 3:56pm
Subject:Re: Compiling library in Windows
> Neil J Mackie wrote:
> > Are you saying that MySQL++ cannot currently be built as a DLL ?
>
> Yes.  It's on the Wishlist.
>
> > If so, some advice on how it _should_ be built would be welcome to those
> > trying to build on windows.
>
> Easy: build it as a lib file and link it to your program.  Further
> details are in README.vc++.
>
> If your program is closed-source, statically linking to the library is a
> violation of the LGPL, but until someone provides a way for you to
> comply with the LGPL, I don't see how anyone can get too uptight.

If you are suggesting that you can't create a DLL in windows, you
would be wrong. With some minor modifications to the MySQL++ files
(I've posted this before) I do create a DLL with Mingw and gcc. I have
no problems linking with this DLL in windows.

I do have a problem with linking to the MySQL libraries when they are
included in multiple header files in my project. But that is because
the libraries have been built using VC++ for windows and I need to
rebuild them with MingW. Once I have this resolved, everything is
peachy.

Unfortunately, I come from the Windows/ original Microsoft bandwagon -
and so, my knowledge of Unix like tools is next to nil. I'm going to
get a copy of O'Reilly's book that you recommended here to help me
out. But I'm also looking for a set of tools that will work for
Windows. I'm having problems with MingW's MSYS and I'm wondering
whether I should install Cygwin on my system. Any advice would be
welcome.

Zahroof
Thread
Compiling library in WindowsNicholas Watmough19 Apr
  • Re: Compiling library in WindowsWarren Young20 Apr
Re: Compiling library in WindowsNeil J Mackie20 Apr
  • Re: Compiling library in WindowsChris Frey20 Apr
  • Re: Compiling library in WindowsWarren Young20 Apr
  • Re: Compiling library in WindowsNeil J Mackie21 Apr
    • Re: Compiling library in WindowsWarren Young21 Apr
      • Re: Compiling library in WindowsZahroof Mohamed21 Apr
        • Re: Compiling library in WindowsWarren Young21 Apr
Re: Compiling library in WindowsAndrew Zhu22 Apr