List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:April 20 2005 5:34pm
Subject:Re: Compiling library in Windows
View as plain text
Neil J Mackie wrote:

> cannot find 'windows.h' which is included from 'platform.h' .

Download the Platform SDK from msdn.microsoft.com.  It should be in there.

> 1) Generate a Makefile from the VC++7.1 IDE using the VC++7.1 project
> file

Barf.  Generated Makefiles are un-debuggable.  I said I'd accept
Makefiles into the distribution, but these generated ones don't count.
They need to be readable to normal humans.

> 2) Provide a distribution containing Windows binarys.

The only reason I do it on Linux is because of the way package systems
work.  On Windows, you'll be including the DLL with your program.  (Or
you would, if building a DLL were possible....still some gold stars to
be had here, guys.)

> SURELY there is someone on this list who has the full VC++ 7.1 IDE
> and can generate a Makefile or binary and make it available?

Can.  Won't.
Thread
Compiling library in WindowsNicholas Watmough19 Apr
  • Re: Compiling library in WindowsWarren Young20 Apr
Re: Compiling library in WindowsNeil J Mackie20 Apr
  • Re: Compiling library in WindowsChris Frey20 Apr
  • Re: Compiling library in WindowsWarren Young20 Apr
  • Re: Compiling library in WindowsNeil J Mackie21 Apr
    • Re: Compiling library in WindowsWarren Young21 Apr
      • Re: Compiling library in WindowsZahroof Mohamed21 Apr
        • Re: Compiling library in WindowsWarren Young21 Apr
Re: Compiling library in WindowsAndrew Zhu22 Apr